LOCATE: Child Care
Information and Referral
Through a partnership with Locate: Child Care, a service of the Maryland Family Network, we provide child care information and referral services to all Johns Hopkins faculty and staff.
LOCATE's database includes all registered family child care providers and licensed group programs, such as full-day centers, school-age programs, private kindergartens and nursery schools, public pre-k programs, Head Start programs, summer programs, and summer camps.
Information and referral services include:
- Direct access to information about all registered, licensed, or accredited child care programs throughout Maryland.
- Confidential, individual counseling and assessment of child care needs and matching those needs with available services. The Maryland State Department of Education website includes helpful information such as your rights and responsibilities as a child care consumer.
- Referrals to only those child care programs that have immediate vacancies available as of the day of the referral.
- Information on choosing the best child care for your situation.
- Materials on specialized child care options and services (nanny and au pair agencies, sick or emergency care, transportation services, etc.), federal income tax credits for families, and financial assistance programs.
- Follow-up assistance until placement is found or all resources are exhausted.
Please email or call 443-997-7000 for more information about the child care referral process.